Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Crazy day

I'm exhausted and my head is pounding but I can't fall asleep..so I'm going to attempt to write about today. Today was a CRAZY day. Youvendji had a fever for 24 hours and it topped out at 104 degrees. Today, it was down to 100.6 in the morning. However, by noon it was back up again. He had the chills, he was having trouble breathing, and he was in lots of pain. We called our pediatrician and he just told us to give him Tylenol and compresses. Nothing seemed to help him much, and we wanted to take him to the hospital ASAP. We called our doctor again, and he said not to take him to the hospital...just wait for him to get there.

On top of all that going on, we had 2 kids at the HIV clinic with a nanny, three kids at school in Tabarre that needed picked up, and I needed to pick up my four friends at the airport. Currently, we have one vehicle. It is days like today that we REALLY need a second vehicle (it's in the works).

After our driver picked up the kids at school, I drove to the airport and picked up my friends. On the way home, I went to the HIV clinic and picked up the nanny and two kids, too. As always, our truck was packed. Then, we headed for home. At this point, the stress of the day was catching up to me and I had a headache, but I was SO HAPPY to see my friends.

We got home and found out that Youvendji's fever had gone down some and he was doing better. While I was gone, Dorothy went ahead and gave him a big shot of antibiotics. Our friend, Lala, is driving here from Gonaives first thing in the morning to care for him until he's back on his feet (she's a nurse and was the one that rescued him last year).

The rest of the day is somewhat a blur. I was running around giving tours, introducing the kids/ nannies, and teaching them the ropes of what is safe drinking water, where lights are, etc. After we unloaded their EIGHT rubbermaid boxes plus carry on bags, we headed straight to the grocery store to pick up food for dinner (easier said than done).

By the time that we got back from the store and cooked our dinner, we were all ready to crash. My description probably doesn't do it justice, but it was seriously a CRAZY day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...