Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Busy Busy Teacher

As Nickson told me yesterday, "Miss Katie, you are a busy, busy teacher!"  He is right!  As to be expected during my first year of teaching, I've been spending many hours in planning and preparation for class each week. 

My students are still wonderful, and I feel like each day I love them more.  I've been enjoying getting to know them better.  They are all so funny and cute in their own little ways.  With that being said, that does not mean they are always well behaved, ha!  A few students in particular like to cause problems for me, but we've been working hard on behavior management.  I am hoping that as the students adjust to being in class with me, their attention, focus, and attitude will improve.  I'm always trying to come up with new ideas and new ways to interest them.  They keep me busy!

Like I've said before, I am learning as much as the students.  Each day I try to evaluate what worked and what did not.  I have so much to learn about teaching, and like the students I have good days and bad.  Thankfully, each day things seems to improve and each day I feel more comfortable as a teacher.

I've been spending so much time with children that I am soon going to forget how to interact with adults, ha! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...