Monday, September 12, 2011

The Downfall of My Classroom

I absolutely LOVE my classroom.  It is spacious, and it is partially outdoor (which makes it really cool).  However, there is a downfall.

When it rains hard enough and with just the right amount of wind, it gets very wet.  The first Friday of the school year, we got a storm around 2:15 in the afternoon.  It just so happened I was down the street at the church playground with my class.  So, we took shelter under the gazebo until we could walk back to the school.

While we were stuck at the playground, Mr. Nickson (thankfully) was frantically trying to move everything in my classroom away from the outside wall where all the rain was coming inside.  The rain slowed for a few minutes.  So, Nickson dismissed the students for the day because they all walk to and from school.  He hoped that they could run home before the rain started up again.  But just after he dismissed them, it started raining again.  So, all the students took shelter inside my classroom!

Photobucket


It was just a little hectic to say the least!


Photobucket
My wet classroom


Photobucket
Thankfully, Nickson moved all the things.  Otherwise class would be quite soggy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...