Thursday, September 8, 2011

Foumi

Have I mentioned before how much I hate foumi (ants)?  I'm sure that I have.  I'm sorry, God.  I've been teaching my students all week that "God created everything from nothing, and it is all good."  But, I really dislike ants!

This is the latest update on my battle with foumi.  Last night I took a shower.  After getting out of the shower, I dried off and wrapped myself in a brand new black bath towel.  It had never even been used and had been hanging on one of my towel racks in the bathroom.  Because it was black, I didn't notice that it had little black ants all over.

As my luck would have it, they were not the tiny harmless ants.  Ha!  No, no, that would be too easy.  They were the terribly painful biting ants that leave stinging welts on my body.  So, there I was without clothes, wet, and wrapped in an "ant towel" when I realized that I was being attacked.

Thankfully I was home alone because I was dancing around trying to get all the biting ants off of me as I ran to the bathroom to get back into the shower.  NOT. FUN.

Oh the joys of living in Haiti!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...