Saturday, September 17, 2011

My Little Choir

Every Friday, I take my Kindergarteners to the playground at the church  to play for half an hour.  They walk in an orderly straight line as I lead them to and from the church.  We always attract a few glances from passerby's.

They are typically pretty quite as we walk, but this Friday, the kids were so happy on the way back to the school that they spontaneously broke out into song.  They began singing one of our morning songs, "There are 7 Days, there are 7 days, there are 7 days in a week, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday"  It is sung to the tune of "Oh My Darlin'".  They were so proud of themselves and so happy to be singing it that they didn't stop.  In fact, one student (Kellanda) began leading the students by calling out the verses.  It was priceless.

With each time that they sang it, they got increasingly louder.  Everyone on the streets was watching us and laughing.  The only thing that came to mind as I lead my little choir was the movie, "The Sound of Music".  I couldn't help but feel like Julia Andrews as she and her children ran all around the streets of Austria singing, "Do Re Mi Fa Sol La Ti Do" (ok, so maybe it wasn't quite like the movie, but it felt like it).  It was pretty comical.  Mr. Juesel, the school groundskeeper got a kick out of the kids as they proudly marched through the school gate and into the classroom singing the whole time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...