Thursday, September 29, 2011

Four Weeks!

It is hard for me to believe that I have been teaching here at TLC for a month already! I have learned so much and I've seen so much change in my students already.

Each day has it's share of victories and problems. The more "wonderful" problem-free days that I have with my students, the more hope I have that they can and will meet my expectations. So far most of my students have learned to write their names (or something closely resembling it). They have mastered numbers 0-6, memorized Psalm 100 verses 1-3, and have learned the letters a,m,s, and f. They have also been learning about responsibility by having a specific classroom "job" each day.

They are still working hard to learn how listen while others are speaking, raise their hands when they would like to talk, and stay in their seats. We are still working on not running, pushing, and cutting in front of others in line. The children have learned they they are rewarded for good behavior and they lose privileges for bad behavior.

I couldn't be more thankful for this month spent with my students.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...